Friday, December 4, 2009

Monkeys gone to heaven.





The Pixies played a few gigs in NYC last week and my head was apparently up my arse when the shows were announced and subsequently sold out, so alls I gots is some stinkin' youtube. It has been a long time since I've had them in heavy rotation. They sort of slipped out of my consciousness because the air was silly with great bands putting out albums around the time they broke up. Not the least of the bands filling the void in their aftermath were Pixies front man "Frank Black" and Kim Deal fronting The Breeders. But lately I've been atoning for the short attention span of youth by overdosing on Pixies concert videos on youtube like a full-blown fantard. The similarly inclined can also avail themselves of a free live four song EP at their website or watch a documentary about their recent reunion which is pretty entertaining.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter